You can get cheaper rates for high quality auto insurance if you understand and apply certain tips. Here are 6 time-tested tips factors that will help you get lower rates …
1. One easy way to ensure you get cheaper rates is being careful every time you're behind wheels. You'll be making a good decision to stay away from the wheels once you take alcohol.
If you're convinced for driving under the influence (DUI) you've said good-bye to low rates for some years. While alcohol-related traffic violations have very clear and grave repercussions, speeding tickets will as well affect their rates negatively if they become frequent. For your safety then and lower rates, never violate any traffic law despite how negligible you think it is.
2. Go for a car that has a good alarm system, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights and any other safety or security gadget. Because they will make you and your vehicle safer they are regarded as lower risks by insurance companies. These will earn you lower rates.
3. Reduce the length of time you spend behind wheels as much as possible. Mileage is a very important factor that determines how high your rates are. The more you are behind wheels, the higher the probability that you'll make a claim in a short while.
4. You'll get cheaper rates if you choose to pay your premiums yearly and not monthly. Notwithstanding the fact that this alternative is often less stressful, it is more expensive for some reasons.
There are transaction charges that are incurred when processing a check. For twelve payments (that is, your monthly payments) you'll have a sum of 12 transactions. This implications that transaction charges would be twelve times more for people who make monthly payments. There are also administrative costs to your insurer that are due to monthly payments. A clear example of such is the expense associated with mailing payment notices ..
The additional administrative cost to an insurer is extremely paid by you (that's apart from their own profit margin for giving you such a "stress-less" option).
5. Certain vehicles cost much to insure. Therefore, as you check out the wonderful specs of the vehicle you intend to buy do not forget to find out how much it typically costs to insure. Two things that will force you to pay more are a car's crash rating and theft rate.
Also, cars that typically cost more to repair also cost more to insure. Asking the right questions will help you avoid the "wrong" car and attract lower rates.
6. Do your best to always make sure your policy does NOT lapse. It will send you to high promotions for a reasonable length of time. It's easy for this to happen to some individuals when they are changing to another insurer.
One way to be certain you do NOT make this costly mistake is to let your old policy keep running until you've confirmed that the new policy is fully operational. As simple as this may seem, many individuals are bearing the weight of exorbitant rates because of just a little negligence.
7. You can bring down your rate by getting and comparing quotes from good insurance quotes sites. Visiting not less than five quotes sites raise the chances that you'll get bigger savings. This is because insurance companies not covered by one site would be covered by the other. And since the likelihood of receiving lower insurance quotes is related to the range of quotes you receive, the more insurance companies you obtain quotes from, the brighter your chances.